EXCURSIONS AT HACIENDA DEL SOL
Hacienda del Sol is an immersive, 360-degree experience, providing offsite adventures and a taste of the many things to do in Costa Rica. Our excursions encourage discovery of the local culture and the natural world surrounding the retreat center, providing a first-hand look at the beauty that makes Costa Rica out as one of the world’s most beautiful locales.
- Dolphin tours – Set out on a sunset boat cruise to see the dolphins, turtles, whales and stingrays that populate the waters off the Costa Rican coast.
- Turtle viewing – Watch turtles nest year-round just four miles from Hacienda del Sol at Ostional Wildlife Reserve, where hundreds of thousands of nesting females gather each year.
- Fishing – Expert local fisherman host daily boat tours off the coast near San Juanillo, displaying the techniques and strategies needed to enjoy a successful voyage.
- Surf lessons – Safe surfing conditions are available just nine miles from Hacienda del Sol at Guiones Beach, where native surf instructors can help you learn to ride the waves (board rental available).
- Canopy tours – The world’s longest – and most exhilarating – canopy tour traverses the mountain ridges, valleys, ravines, vistas and waterfalls of Costa Rica
- Horseback riding – A sunset ride along Guiones and Garza beaches is the perfect way to connect with nature. Each horse at Mis Amores Stable is well-trained, healthy, young and prepared for riders of all experience levels
- River kayak expeditions – More than 30 species of birds populate the foliage alongside the jungle rivers of Nosara, in addition to crocodiles and a wide range of other animals. Explore the tropical flora and fauna first-hand with a river kayak expedition.
- Birdwatching boat tours – Costa Rica’s exciting menagerie of wildlife – birds, monkeys, crocodiles, and more – is on display along the sandbanks and within the mangroves surrounding the Rio Nosara and Rio Montana. Take an eight-mile ride on a soundless electric boat to see an array of animals in their natural habitats.
- Stand-up paddle surfing – Replicate walking on water with this adventurous and challenging activity, which includes an hour-long session with an experienced instructor
- Waterfall hikes – One of the best ways to explore the beautiful terrain of Costa Rica is a hike across the creeks, cattle farms, and tropical dry forests of the region, with stops at picturesque waterfalls.
- Snorkeling – The area’s best snorkeling is available in San Juanillo, offering the opportunity to see diverse marine wildlife within swimming distance of the beach.