I like to use my dehydrator to make these crisps, but also get great results in the oven!
Easy-“Cheezy”-Pumpkin-Seedy Kale Chips
1 bunch kale
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp lemon zest
2 Tbsp pumpkin hulled seeds
2 Tbsp nutritional yeast*
1/2 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil (You may need two!)
2. Thoroughly wash kale and dry well. Remove thick stem parts and chop leaves into chip size pieces.
3. In a large bowl, combine kale, oil, pumpkin seeds, lemon juice and zest. Massage dressing into the leaves, to coat.
4. Spread kale evenly onto lined baking sheet(s), and sprinkle with nutritional yeast and salt.
5. Bake for about 30 minutes, and then take a peek to check crispness. Separate any leaves that are clinging together.
6. Continue baking for an additional 30 minutes to an hour, checking often until chips are dried and crunchy.
7. Enjoy – guilt free!
*Dehydrator instructions: Spread kale onto as many dehydrator trays as necessary and dehydrate at 110 degrees for 10-12 hours.
** Nutritional yeast is an inactive yeast sold commercially as a food product. It is yellow in color and has a flakey texture and a nutty cheese-like flavor, making it a great flavour enhancer and favourite among vegans. It can also be a great vegan source of vitamin B12 – a vitamin that can be hard find when following a plant-based diet.
Buy It! – Nutritional yeast can be found in bulk food and health food stores as well as many larger supermarkets