Probiotics are key to helping you improve your digestion, liver function, help your body utilize all the nutrients you ingest more efficiently and increase your natural vitality overall. Try this delicious, out of this world coconut yogurt recipe and experience the following benefits:
- It’s probiotic-rich: The extra dose of probiotics will leave your gut loaded with beneficial bacteria that will have a dynamic effect on your digestive system.
- It’s high in protein: The coconut meat is packed with protein to keep you satiated longer.
- It’s dairy free: Skipping the dairy will help you avoid feeling gassy and bloated throughout the day.
- It’s sugar-free: This recipe has no sugar added but still has a sweet, tangy taste. You won’t crash and feel hungry an hour after eating it.
- It couldn’t be easier to make! I have eaten it almost every day for over a year and I still crave it daily. I top it with my homemade gluten-free granola but you could also just toss on some crushed sprouted nuts or fresh berries.
- 16 oz coconut meat (if frozen, thawed)
- 1 T coconut kefir (I like Tonix)
- 1 capsule dairy free probiotic (I use Garden of Life 100 billion)
- Juice of 2 freshly squeezed lemons
- Juice of 1 freshly squeezed lime
- Half cup raw coconut water
Blend all ingredients in your Vitamix or blender until creamy and smooth.
Pour into a glass jar or glass and cover with cheesecloth or other breathable fabric and secure with a rubber band. Leave out at room temperature overnight (I leave mine for 12 hours) and then refrigerate and enjoy!
Note: the yogurt should be creamy and have the consistency of a normal yogurt. If it looks chunky after sitting out overnight, put it back in the blender until it gets creamy.
In a time when cleansing is the total craze there are so many elements, it’s hard to know how to do it right. This recipe is one major step in the right direction. If you would like to reap the benefits of a full 7 day cleanse visit us at Hacienda del Sol Wellness Resort in Costa Rica. Start your cleansing lifestyle TODAY!